Saturday, March 29, 2008

FCC committee chair Arlene Harris Oversees Employees That Rip Off Seniors

On the Jitterbug website it is listed that Arlene Harris "has served on several committees of the FCC." I find it amazing that an FCC officer would oversee a company that deliberately overcharges and rips off senior citizens. Is this how the FCC is run? Are the ethics of the FCC the same as that of Jitterbug DBA Great Call Inc.? Are both entities a strictly "for profit" enterprise? Do both entities exist to squeeze as much money out of the American public as possible? I think Howard Stern would probably say so. However, I don't think most people would rest easy knowing that a member of the FCC has created an organization like Great Call Inc. DBA Jitterbug Cell Phones to deceive and overcharge senior citizens for cell service. I would hope that the FCC would reprimand Arlene Harris and Jitterbug DBA Great Call Inc. for deliberately and knowingly overcharging senior citizens. It is a shame that senior citizens think that when they call Jitterbug Customer Service they are going to be told the truth about their phone bills. Instead, they have unscrupulous managers and employees making up false call records on the spot so they don't have to issue a refund to the senior customer. I would hope the FCC and FTC would take notice of these business practices. I'm sure there would be hundreds of customers and former employees who could testify to Jitterbug DBA Great Call Inc. unethical and fraudulent business practices.

3 comments:

DF said...

This is the WORST company I have ever dealt with. I have also found quite a few blogs with similar messages from people who have also had terrible experiences with this company. I'm a 50 year old woman who purchased a cell phone for my elderly parents last year. The HORRIBLE service began almost immediately. After countless months of unsuccessfully trying to get Jitterbug to provide me with service, I have begun to take other actions. I have many, many friends and hundreds of professional peers in my age range who are also looking to purchase cell phones for their elderly parents. I'm making sure they all know that Jitterbug should be avoided at all costs. I have posted on blogs; I have posted on my Facebook profile; I have sent out emails and talked personally to a lot of people. My sister, who purchased the phone with me for our parents, is a long-time teacher in a large school district and knows literally hundreds of other teachers in her age range who might be thinking about cell phone purchases for their parents. She, like me, is making sure they know about Jitterbug. As if the awful service and management of this company were not bad enough, the phone was purchased for my parents medical emergencies. During the time Jitterbug has held their phone hostage, my father passed away (my mother needed her phone -- which had already been paid for in full -- to contact people concerning this medical emergencies). Despite repeated promises that I would have the phone returned to me by last week (which was about the 10th promise I've had that I would get it back), it wasn't. During this time, my mother -- who is still recovering from the death of her husand, to whom she had been married for 53 years, fell in her yard. She was unable to get up and had no way to call anyone because Jitterbug won't return her phone. She was stranded for 30 minutes and broke several of her fingers. You can bet that story is what I'm telling people in my communications about the worst company ever. DF

Truth said...

It breaks my heart to hear stories like yours, DF. If you haven't already done so, please contact The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.

CPSC is still interested in receiving incident or injury reports that are either directly related to the Jitterbug Cellphone product recall or involve a different hazard with the same product. Please tell us about it by visiting https://www.cpsc.gov/cgibin/incident.aspx

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of serious injury or death from thousands of types of consumer products under the agency's jurisdiction. The CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical, or mechanical hazard. The CPSC's work to ensure the safety of consumer products - such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters, and household chemicals - contributed significantly to the decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 30 years.

To report a dangerous product or a product-related injury, call CPSC's Hotline at (800) 638-2772 or CPSC's teletypewriter at (301) 595-7054. To join a CPSC e-mail subscription list, please go to https://www.cpsc.gov/cpsclist.aspx. Consumers can obtain recall and general safety information by logging on to CPSC's Web site at www.cpsc.gov.

Source: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09744.html

siqing chen said...

If you are in need of financial Help, don't hesitate to place order for deserve Programmed card that can withdraw any amount limit you want. Deserve Card are very transparent and easy to deal with. You can Purchase Deserve card that can withdraw up to $50,000 to $100,000 limit without being detected because of the programming of the card.  I'm extremely grateful to them for being honest with their words and delivering the card to me. This is the third day of receiving the card and i have withdraw $9,500 from the Deserve Programmed Card. I tried purchasing the card previously from someone else, but it never arrived until i tried skylink technology for those in need of more money, you can also contact them. you can place order for the card Via whatsapp/telegram +1(213)785-1553  or their E-mail: skylinktechnes@yahoo.com